Make a Donation to ARK Today!
When you donate, you transform the lives of children living in Calgary so that they don’t have to fight to access their own homes. Your gift will help Reshape Their World.
Our partnership with Shaw Charity Classic, Birdies for Kids and Chip in for Kids provides an exciting opportunity to make every donation mean that much more to children living with mobility challenges and their families. They will be TRIPLING all donations received until August 31.
To take advantage of this partnership, donations are collected by Shaw Charity Classic and distributed to Alberta charities. Shaw Charity Classic is absorbing all of the administration costs, so every dollar you donate to ARK goes to ARK, and then some!
Text KIDS016 to 30333 to donate $10 to ARK and matching SHAW grants will turn it into $30!!!!
NOTE: Your $10 ARK donation will be processed through SHAW and will appear on your next phone bill.
Thank you for helping us Reshape Their World!
How does my donation help?
Your donation is invaluable to us and we are extremely grateful that you chose to donate your hard earned money to us. 95-98% of our costs go toward the renovation, so you can rest assured that your donation will be effective in making our project a success.
Why donate to ARK? Why is ARK’s work important?
The government of Alberta found recently that more than one in five children have a diagnosed disability or delay by the time they reach kindergarten¹. This is a significant number of children whose quality of life is severely impacted by their disability. Worldwide, the estimated number of children with disabilities between 0 and 18 years ranges between 93 million and 150 million, depending on the source².
This is a lot of children potentially in need. Because of our experience with renovations and nonprofits, our team knows that not all of the children are living in accessible homes that suit their needs. Our vision is that no child should unduly struggle with accessibility in their own home. Your donation will help take us one step closer towards that vision, one child at a time.
- How will my donation be used?
- Your donation will be mostly used to cover our renovation expenses. Only a 2-5% portion will go towards administration costs.
- How are you collecting donations?
- We accept both cash and ‘in-kind’ donations. Online donations are processed through Paypal.
- You can help us take advantage of Birdies for Kids’ and Chip in for Kids’ donation matching program by using your cell and texting KIDS016 to 30333 to donate $10, which becomes $25 for ARK.
- We have also teamed up with Skip the Depot. A convenient way to do chores and charity at the same time!
- Can I request a donation receipt with my donation?
- Yes — when donating, please check the box to share with us your mailing address (this is required by the Canada Revenue Agency [CRA] for donation receipts), and then contact us at email@example.com to request one.
- I own/work for a company interested in helping ARK financially. Can I donate?
- We are always looking for sponsorships for our projects. Please see our sponsorship page for more information. We are also pleased to meet and discuss a customized sponsorship arrangement.
- I want to make an in-kind (materials) donation. Is that possible?
- If you would like to make an in-kind donation, then please feel free to get in touch with us to discuss options.
¹ Early Child Development Mapping Project. (2015). How are our young children doing? Children with Special Needs in Alberta. Edmonton, Alta.: ECMap, Community-University Partnership for the Study of Children, Youth and Families, University of Alberta.
² World Health Organization (2011) World Report on Disability. Geneva: WHO/World Bank, p. 36. http://www.who.int/disabilities/world_report/2011/en/index.html