Make a donation to ARK today
When you donate, you transform the lives of children living in Calgary so that they can live more comfortably. Your gift will help reshape their world.
How does my donation help?
Your donation is invaluable to us. Firstly, it makes sure our renovation projects are completed on-time and on-budget. It’s important to us that we perform the renovation on time, so that we do not inconvenience the families receiving the renovation.
Secondly, it helps cover our minor administrative costs. 95-98% of our costs go toward the renovation, so you can rest assured that your donation will be effective in making our project a success.
Why donate to ARK? Why is ARK’s work important?
The government of Alberta found recently that more than one in five children have a diagnosed disability or delay by the time they reach kindergarten¹. This is a significant number of children whose quality of life is severely impacted by their disability. Worldwide, the estimated number of children with disabilities between 0 and 18 years ranges between 93 million and 150 million, depending on the source².
This is a lot of children potentially in need. Because of our experience with renovations and nonprofits, our team knows that not all of the children are living in accessible homes that suit their needs. Our vision is that no child should unduly struggle with accessibility in their own home. Thus, your donation will help take us one step closer towards that vision, one child at a time.
- How will my donation be used?
- Your donation will be mostly used to cover our renovation expenses. Only a 2-5% portion will go towards administration costs.
- How are you collecting donations?
- We accept both cash and ‘in-kind’ donations. Online donations are processed through Paypal.
- How can I make a donation?
- You can make a donation online through Paypal, or contact us for other options.
- Can I request a donation receipt with my donation?
- Yes, you may request a receipt with your donation; please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- I own/work for a company interested in helping ARK financially. Can I donate?
- We are always looking for sponsorships for our projects. Please see our sponsorship page for more information. We are also pleased to meet and discuss a customized sponsorship arrangement.
- I want to make an in-kind donation. Is that possible?
- If you would like to make an in-kind donation, then please feel free to get in touch with us to discuss options.
¹ Early Child Development Mapping Project. (2015). How are our young children doing? Children with Special Needs in Alberta. Edmonton, Alta.: ECMap, Community-University Partnership for the Study of Children, Youth and Families, University of Alberta.
² World Health Organization (2011) World Report on Disability. Geneva: WHO/World Bank, p. 36. http://www.who.int/disabilities/world_report/2011/en/index.html